We will go over the way you can log in when forgetting your password and will teach you how to manage and reset it.
There are a few options to log in without remembering your password. The first option is using an SMS code or linked email address:
Log in to WeChat using the SMS code:
- After uploading WeChat, go to the login page and tap “more options” at the bottom.
- Press “Log in to another account” and then “Log in via mobile number.” Enter your mobile number, and don’t forget to add the region code. Tap on next.
- You will be asked to tap on “Log in via SMS verification code” and press send.
- you will receive an SMS verification code; write it in the login bar and login.
Log in to WeChat using the linked email address:
- look for the note “unable to log in “on the login page at the bottom.
- Tap “Email linked,” write your linked email address, and click Next.
- You will get an email with instructions to reset your password.
- Open WeChat and then choose “More options. “Press on “Log in to another account,” “Other login options,” and then on “Log in via WeChat.” enter your email address and the new password and log in.
You can follow the exact instructions if you link your WeChat to QQ or Facebook account.
In case your account is not linked to another platform and you cannot solve the problems,
I will add a written solution in a pdf file with WeChat Help Center advises
- If your account is not linked to another platform, click here and follow the instructions
- In case your password cannot be renewed, press and fill up the feedback and needed information :
- For some reason, you did not receive the SMS verification code or the new password you have updated to your email, press here for the SMS code problem: https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/micromsg-bin/oshelpcenter?opcode=2&lang=en&plat=ios&id=170612MBJfmA1706126NjyIV&Channel=helpcenter
Press here for not receiving the code to your email:
- Have you got an error message when logging in? Press here:
- Are you using a new device for logging in for the first time? Verify your identity here:https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/micromsg-bin/oshelpcenter?opcode=2&lang=en&plat=ios&id=200424RvA7ZJ200424uyeQfY&Channel=helpcenter
- If you froze your account (stopped its activity), you can unfreeze it by following the steps:
In case none of those methods helped, you can fill up a help request and send it to the help center team here: https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/newreadtemplate?t=help_center/feedback_form&lang=en&Channel=helpcenter.
Not being able to log in to our WeChat is never pleasant. I hope that the advice above helps to solve your problem. If you do not have a login account, avoid future log-in problems by linking your Email/QQ/Mobile/Twitter to your WeChat account.
Well done, you are no longer a WeChat beginner and know how to use WeChat as an office tool. Let’s go over the WeChat structure to understand WeChat.